What is better than best? That’s right, these brownies…
Ina Paarman’s boxed brownie mix ain’t got nothing on these beauts! Crunchy outside and gooey sticky inside, you will be in chocolate heaven.
1 cup butter
12 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp vanilla essence
2 cups sugar
1 ½ cups cake flour
½ tsp salt
1 cup mixed nuts, roasted
- In a saucepan melt the butter; add the cocoa powder, stirring constantly.
- Add the vanilla and the sugar, cool. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Stir in the flour, salt and nuts.
- Line a 20x30cm baking tray with baking paper. Use a little spray and cook to prevent it from sticking.
- Spread the brownie mix in the tray. Bake at 180°C for 30 minutes.
Tip: to make it more decedent you can top the brownie with a chocolate ganache, or serve hot with a scoop of vanilla ice as a dessert.